Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Startling Revelation ...

First off, let me just say that this first day on this plan has been so far successful. I found out my kids will be home tomorrow as well, so the exercise portion is still on hold, maybe until next Monday, but baby steps are good. I have about three hours left in my normal waking hours and I barely hit my minimum calorie line, I have about 600 calories to go to hit my "goal calorie intake" ... so I have room for a snack or two ... it always amazes me how much more I eat when I'm on a diet ... and although I understand the science behind why that is, it really makes no sense to me ...

But I did take my measurements and have a starting weight ... my final goal is 113 pounds less than I am today ... but 92 pounds will take me back down to where I was when I became pregnant with kid #1 ... which was my initial goal, but I figure as long as I'm going I might as well go for that extra 21 pounds to get me to my ideal weight ...

I did have a startling revelation today though ... when I took my measurements I realized that my thigh measurement is what my waist measurement used to be ... so seriously, my leg could be a person ... that's not okay ... it was one of very few times in my "fat" life that I realized just how much damage I might have done to myself ... although when you think about it 113 pounds is a whole person, a short person, but still ... so that gave me more motivation ... I am happy that I decided to take measurements for several reasons ... because watching my progress in inches may be almost as rewarding as watching my progress in pounds ... and may help get me through some hurdles and plateaus ...

So, as much as I don't want to do this; to put sheer numbers on it ... my starting weight is 248 pounds ... and the total count of all my measurements in inches is 235.75 ... I will do my measurements once a week and I will weigh myself every time I'm on the Wii Fit, but once a week on the bathroom scale that I weighed in on today ...

If you look off to the right there is a link to my weight loss graph ... I will be keeping track on that as well so that I have a visual here on the blog for how much weight I've lost ...

No comments:

Post a Comment